- What is a togden?
- Togden: Tibetan རྟོགས་ལྡན་
- having realization; experience of dharma
- learned, knowledgeable
- a realized yogi
- can also refer to a yogi-monk in the Drukpa Kagyü lineage.
- Where are the togdens?
- The togdens this website helps to sponsor reside at the Khampagar Yogi Center located at Tashi Jong in northern India. They live separated from the rest of the community in strict retreat seclusion.
- Tell me more about the equal distribution of funds?
- ALL funds collected are distributed equally among the togdens once a year by Ani Jinpa who delivers it in-person. This is for equity and fairness – and for the ease of volunteer-only administration.
- What is the recommended financial offering?
- Any amount as a yearly offering is very appreciated.
Living costs in India have exponentially increased and so your generosity is a wonderful paramita to engage. All funds are pooled and then distributed equally.
As a comparison, monastic sponsorships in other communities recommend USD $365 per year per individual.